Jim Driscoll for Sheriff
I am committed to ensuring professional and quality law enforcement to the people and communities of Coconino County through Experience, Leadership, and Service to Community.
Over the past three years, I have implemented a number of programs and accomplishments within the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office.
- Competitive Compensation/Retention plan for law enforcement
- “Stronger As One” Mental Health First Aid training for entire Sheriff’s Office staff, Community members, and now for inmates in the Coconino County Jail
- Detention inmate programs (Exodus, Fresh Start, Rule 11 committee)
- Situational Awareness/Active Shooter training for law enforcement agencies/public
- Body worn cameras for deputies and detention staff
- “Stop the bleed” training for law enforcement and the public
- “Identity Theft” training for community groups
- Preventative Search and Rescue training (Hug-a-tree, avalanche safety, survival,)
- I am running for re-election as Sheriff of Coconino County in the 2020 election. I am committed to ensuring professional and quality law enforcement to the people and communities of Coconino County through Experience, Leadership, and Service to Community.
Experience, Leadership, and Community
- 39 years of law enforcement experience with the Sheriff’s Office and seven years as Emergency Manager for Coconino County.
- Served in the communities of Flagstaff, Page, Williams, Grand Canyon, Sedona, and the Navajo Nation throughout my law enforcement career.
- Graduate of Northern Arizona University, the FBI National Academy, Southwest Command College, Flagstaff Leadership Program, Executive Leaders Program at the Naval Postgraduate School, and the AZ Peace Officers Standards & Training / International Association of Chief’s of Police Leadership in Police Organizations.
- Extensive background and experience in Search and Rescue and in managing critical incidents in law enforcement.
- Established the “Community Policing Program” with the Sheriff’s Office and was one of the founding members of the AZ Sheriff’s Search and Rescue Association.
- Served on a number of community boards and State commissions including the American Red Cross, Big Brother/Big Sisters, and Governor’s Homeland Security Commission.
- Married to my wife Laura for 31 years and we have two grown children.
- Committed to further developing active partnerships between law enforcement and the people in Coconino County to keep our communities safe through proactive, problem-solving efforts.